Site Plans for Ultimals.com

Aangeliceus

Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
In the coming weeks, I will convert the ultimals.com over to a new software platform. Mainly, because I want to upgrade the server software on the back end to support other projects that operate off of the same machine.

I don't have any other plans for the site, only to keep it open for memories and past reference with the occasional discussion.

When the conversion happens, all user accounts/passwords should transition over smoothly. All threads/topics/forums will remain intact but in a newer layout.

Awhile back, I showed a preview of the new format. If you remember that, then that's what it will be.

There seems to be a bit more pink than I remember....

Think I'll be building a new pc soon if I manage to find a second job (also have debts to pay).. mine is decent enough for most games I play but definitely showing its age lately (still on a dual core)

Mine seems to be running the game pretty well (in beta anyway) so shouldn't have to upgrade. Averaging about 40fps on High in 2560x1600 and in the mid 20's on Max. Crossfire support should help that a little bit.

Booom, seein' some oldies but goodies peakin' back into the mix~ Sup Ash, Falk, and Koul.. been a min. Aang, to what Ash was saying about the site, the title banners of the thread sections seems to be a peachy-salmon color. Doesn't seem to flow well with the Ultima Blue at the top of the site imo. Other than that, it's cool.

Booom, seein' some oldies but goodies peakin' back into the mix~ Sup Ash, Falk, and Koul.. been a min. Aang, to what Ash was saying about the site, the title banners of the thread sections seems to be a peachy-salmon color. Doesn't seem to flow well with the Ultima Blue at the top of the site imo. Other than that, it's cool.

Ohhhhh. Ok.

I'm going to change the colors anyway, so that should be remediated soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

(*^ .^*)/ Ahoy !

Wanted to peek in and see what kind of shenanigans people are getting into. While I likely won't be joining the fun on the game any time soon, I'll definitely frequent the site more often to chat it up.

PITLITH!!!!!

Totally. Been pretty good though. Nothing too crazy going on. How about you?

Nice, same here really. Been at a new job for ~6 weeks or so working in a NOC environment, trying to get experience under my belt and whatnot. Guess I've been busy with that and working on some certifications mainly for a bit now.

What's going on Pit! Glad to see you back. Gratz on the new job and what not and a NOC environment at that haha.. same here. What certs are you working on?

Val!! Thanks man, definitely glad to be back, at least to the site that is haha. Yeah, working in a NOC is a great start to any number of paths, so I just had to convince them to take me in with 0 Professional IT experience (plenty of home IT... lol, that and a knack for learning relatively quickly). Now that they did, I have to put my money where my mouth is lol. I received my CCENT back in March, Security+ in April (was going for jobs with government and/or government contractors where it was a prerequisite), and now taking my CCNA exam on the 28th of this month. After that, who knows if I'll continue the Cisco route immediately, or venture off and study in other areas. You work in a NOC also? What certs are you pursuing too?

Currently have my Net+ and CCNA, looking to take CCNA Security... but thinking I should venture out and start looking at Juniper certs to broaden my horizons so to speak. I started out the same way, been at it for about 1.5 years and have learned a lot at my current company. Looking for new opportunity though, working towards Jr. Network Engineer or Network Engineer titles.

Oh very nice! Yeah seems you are a bit ahead of me. My current company's NOC role deals primary with VPN tunnels/Peer address changes, Frame-Relay, MPLS, and of course the backup dial modems we send in case we have to dial into it from the back end. While most of that is above CCENT and maybe CCNA, it definitely helps me keep my eyes forward. Can understand the Juniper route for sure. I have several routes I am thinking about going after the CCNA, but haven't decided yet. As long as you keep those legs churning and your head on a swivel, you are making progress in some way or another.

I work in a similar atmosphere, but I also do data migrations in addition to tier 1 and 2 break fix. LOL sometimes tier 3 if senior engineers are busy doing other things. I'll probably proceed with CCNA Sec since my CCNA will expire Oct 2014. Let me know how the test goes and if you need any assistance, hit me up.

Back