Salvage Points System

mhmmimafreakk

Da FrEaK oF NaTuRe
I know points systems are allways kinda bleh in alot of peoples minds but i think the point system in DX has gone over really well and im going to impliment my own points system for lvl 35 drops in Salvage.Only lvl 35 drops will cost points because we will only hunt 25s/15s when someone who has a 35 needs them to complete a piece.So basically when u spend points on a 35 drop your also buying the right to get priority on 15/25.

Post on this thread only please do not post on SALVAGE POINTS thread.

Also if an admin can give me admin on this forum so i can sticky stuff and lock stuff that would be great.

OH COME ON, MAGOS AND I WENT WITH YOU THIS WEEK AND WE DONT GET ANY POINTS? FUCK YOU.

what happens when im one point away from lotting a 35 and it drops? fuck you.

You know SOUJ i love it that you spam posting to be a pain in the ass just because that fucking sig thing makes me giggle like a fuckin school girl EVERY FUCKING TIME

The point system was in place to help people who attended a lot more often over the people who attended just a select few areas but, every run its basically the same people so why are we doing a points system?

Also I think you should have a set schedule of what day/time we are doing salvage so we can work on scheduling to attend them every time if we wish, it wouldnt be very fair if someone just logs and you decide to do a salvage run and they miss it only because they werent informed about it.

Fayevalentine said:
The point system was in place to help people who attended a lot more often over the people who attended just a select few areas but, every run its basically the same people so why are we doing a points system?
Because I have enough AP rotting that I may start doing Salvage soon (as soon as they move forward to a reasonable time >.>) and I'll be sure to l00tw4oreZ all teh 35s.

I am not sure how well points would work in the more limited numbers situation that Salvage is run in.

The main reason I implemented points in DX was to prevent cherrypicking of popular AF2/100's by people who will not ever come.

Given the blend of veteran & new players within DX I wanted something balanced to reward veterans by giving them a better opportunity at pieces while not making it so one sided that a newer player would be completely unable to lot once they put some effort in either.

Could think of options such as an attendance policy like Limbus, participating in 50% of the recent runs, and maybe put some rough time frame to that, i.e. 50% of the last 10 runs or so. Though if the schedule will regularly shift based on schedules that could really hurt some people unfairly.

Could also consider something along the lines of a 'minimum' point concept, which is more or less how I wanted to structure DX.

For DX I tried to picture a player who had attended near every single run for years, and compare him to a new attendee who is just as loyal. At one point should their lotting rights be the same? Xarcabard pieces in DX cost 16 points, this is equivalent to almost 2 months of full attendance. So 2 months of straight attendance was equivalent to someone attending for any period of time for that one AF2.

Given that type of mentality behind the reasoning it would be a matter of deciding when those rights should be the same.

I somewhat disagree with the logic on a hard & fast schedule of runs Faye. Salvage can, and should, be done with a pretty small group of people and very often there are too many people you can bring on a run. I think it'd be a real headache worrying about a set schedule in advance, especially because you never know how drops will turn out, and often the motivation for a particular zone is going to be trying to finish out someone's set.

Pros and cons to the points concept I think. I realize some people are against them but they're really there to ensure people aren't being screwed. In a you come you lot situation there is a lot of room for people to take advantage of the system and I don't think anyone would find it fair if they attended runs on a regular basis and lost a lvl. 35 piece 5 or 6 times in a row to someone who only showed up to that one run. People do not always consciously think they are doing that, but it can still happen.

What will be done for the 35's that drop when noone has 30 points until we get there? Will it be the same as it is now until 1 person reaches 30 points then we switch over to the points rule? Also as a preemptive measure question, you do have to have a job that can wear a particular armor set to be able to comment/lot it correct? For example, I dont have any jobs that can wear Skadi, so I would not be able to set a comment for any Skadi pieces until I leveled one of the jobs to 75 that can wear it? (no I am not interested or will not be interested in leveling a job for skadi lol)

I think he said if nobody lots it will go down 5 points each time, a bit like DX.

So at the moment nobody has 30 points, or even 5 for that moment. So it would go to 5 > 0 and everyone would get to lot that had it commented.

Until someone reaches 5 points there wouldn't be a separation.

Kalia implemented a policy of attendance like Limbus and that worked fine. It gives new people the chance to catch up to the older people in a reasonable amount of time.

Nvm. Was going to say 30 points seemed really high, but forgot you can earn more than one at at time.

The reason i prefer point system over attendance system myself is because Person A could of gone to 50 salvages and got no drops then maybe loses internet a week then comes back in my opinion that person has put his time in he doesnt deserve to have to build himself up again.

I think this points system is fine and fair.People will pay high points for the really nice 35s where as they will let it drop down for the crappier ones.

Also yes this is a small group but even with this small of a group maybe 2-3 people go every single run and seems every run theirs a new person or 2.I dont want to have to tell people in the ls no when they ask to go but i also feel those who are rregulars and go everytime should have the ability to be rewarded before non regulars.

I didnt see the cost of 35s at 30 expecting it to be lotted at 30 i set it that high so those who have high numbers of points have the choice to get a 35 cause obviously if they have such high point numbers they arent getting anythinng and deserve it.

Also > Fayes ask for scedule im not going to scedule stuff weeks in advance.Ill post early the day of a run that should be plenty of time for regulars to know a run is being done.

Freak, what about the random people we get to fill in slots when there aren't enough LS people able to stay up/interested that night? Will they have to just bite the bullet and hope nobody WITH points is lotting what they want?

Question about the points. What if more than 1 35 drops in a run. If we dont get either of the 2, do we get 3 points rather than 2?

Edit: I edited part of the question since I had my info wrong, but left this question since it may happen.

Last edited:
Back