All I have to say is WoW

Wow, someone actually tops Lexa. (jk!)

So he does raids by himself? o_O Holy crap, I'm impressed (is that sad?). That's like soloing dynamis with your own alliances of characters.

There was a dude in my old EQ2 guild that had 6 characters.. a tank, a HoT healer, a scout (ranger), an enchanter (illusionist), and direct healer, and a melee DPS... all on separate accounts... and he'd do instances and such by himself and/or would be single-person groups in raids. It was... disturbing.

I have a hard enough time with one character. :(

"It costs me exactly $5711 in subscription costs per year with 36 accounts on the 6 month pay schedule," he writes. "Not bad considering I'm looking at it like it's a hobby and there are more expensive hobbies out there than World of Warcraft."

Holy crap. That's half a year of mortgages... or like double what I spend on groceries per year.

I wanna know what hobby he thinks costs more than 6000 a year... cocaine?

-benny

Some extreme sports can cost more then that. I skydive and atm it costs me about $50 a jump. Once I get my own gear it will be about $25 a jump. But the gear can go anywhere from 1k-25k depending on if you go new, used, top of the line, custom, ect. There are some people at the drop zone I go to and they buy new rigs every year. They spend about 10k on thier rigs. So thats 10k a year just for the equipment much less jumping. I know Rock climbing can go past 5k a year easy depending where and what type of climbing you are doing. But yeah most hobbies don't go over 5k a year. There are some though.

There was a 5-boxer in my battleground group in WoW, all draeni shaman, and they would just roll around AV picking off people. Perfectly timed nukes, hitting you five at a time, making you frustrated.

So I AFK'd to bang hot chicks in RL.

Seriously, what's the point in playing a MULTIPLAYER game if you are going to do all that by yourself? Absolute waste of money and defeats 1/2 the purpose of the game.

Seriously, what's the point in playing a MULTIPLAYER game if you are going to do all that by yourself? Absolute waste of money and defeats 1/2 the purpose of the game.

So many possibilities...i'll leave it alone for now.

the farthest I'll go is running an alt through instances with my main and stuff.

Wow, someone actually tops Lexa. (jk!)

Hey, now, while I have a lot of accounts, I rarely dualbox. :( Mainly because I just don't have the focus to be doing very advanced shit. I can handle some running around, farming, maybe some more "relaxed" events I've done a gazillion times (dynamis if I'm not main tank, etc) - but I once dualboxed for Dark Ixion, and NEVER AGAIN.

Also, what kinda "hobbies" costs $5000+ a year? no, I'm seriously wondering. D: When I hear hobbies, I think gaming, scrapbooking, bento boxes, model airplanes, horseback riding, stuff like that...

Horseback riding certainly didn't cost me $5000+ a year, and I went twice a week for over six years. And that was in freakin' Norway.

You could add things like snow skiing (trips add up if you don't live close), sailing (esp. if maintaining a yacht), even stuff like coin collecting if you're really serious about it. My brother does competitive rifle shooting, and guns/ammo aren't cheap. I'm sure he doesn't spend nearly that much per year on it, but I bet he could.

And just think of the people who treat gambling as a hobby. Odds are some of them lose large amounts.

Does drinking count as a hobby? I mean throw in a couple bottles of Effen a week, not to mention bar trips, I am sure it adds up. Not to mention the medical bills for when my kidneys fail.

Back