Kitteh's Meow
FC/Leadership
It's that time of year again...

What's good on American TV this fall?

So far, I'm looking to keep up with:

- The Office
- House
- Fringe

I had just recently picked up on NCIS, but... not sure about that one just yet. I also caught up with Law & Order, which took forever and a day.

I'm still looking around at the fall TV line-up.

Any suggestions?

/em checks his DVR.

Bones
Community
Eureka
Fringe
Glee
Heroes
House
How I Met Your Mother
Hung
Mercy
Nurse Jackie
Smallville
Supernatural
The Big Bang Theory
The Cleveland Show
The Philanthropist
The Vampire Diaries
True Blood
Warehouse 13
Weeds

There are a few other programs I watch that are The Smithsonian based.

Yeah...I watch a lot of TV.

The Office, Ninja Warrior, and football games are all the TV I need to be happy :p

-benny

I'm interested in Flashforward. It's based on an interesting science fiction novel I read some time ago. Even though the series appears to take things a different route than the novel, it could be interesting as well. I'm at least going to give it a try.

For returning programs, I think I'm finally giving up on Heroes. The final 2 episodes from last season have lingered on my TiVo for months now without being watched. :p I'll probably just keep up with The Office and Big Bang Theory.

V

I want to watch the season premier of House simply to see what befalls him in during his stay in the nut house. Then the better half gets the TV back so she can watch NCIS reruns.

I want to watch the season premier of House simply to see what befalls him in during his stay in the nut house. Then the better half gets the TV back so she can watch NCIS reruns.

Indeed. I am waiting for that and Pam's pregnancy on The Office.

@Rikester: Holy Shit dude. :eek:

I don't have TV.

Stuff I'm really looking forward to:
House - Andre Braugher (that's really all I should have to say)
Fringe - Arguably my favorite show on tv

Stuff we watch:
Heroes - I can hardly stand it anymore but Eden loves it. Hopefully it gets back to season 1 levels
Lie To Me - <3 Tim Roth We catch this one when we remember it
Bones - Fun show but we tend to forget about it.
Supernatural - Eden's show but she got me pretty sucked into it. Final seasons on shows like this are usually pretty well done too.

New shows we'll check out:
V - If anything just to see how bad they fuck it up.
Flash Forward - Looks intriguing but it may suck.
Mercy - NBC spams this ad so much I can't help but check it out once.
Trauma - Decent cast. We'll check out the first couple of episodes.
Glee - Still need to check the pilot out. Seems funny and I could use a comedy on my list.

The funny thing is that most stuff we watch is stacked up on Monday/Thursday.

This of course doesn't count Chuck since the fuckers delayed it til February.

I don't watch tv because I don't like having to remember a set time to sit in front of it aside from the fact I'll have to wait a week for what happens next. What I'll be watching when it's over though are the office and big bang.

Besides that some nights I watch some of those talent shows with my dad; Dancing shows, etc.

I've given up on Heroes. It's trash now.

I would give House a good UNF UNFing though.

I wish they'd given Chuck a full season. -.- I'm pissed at the higher ups. I love Chuck. I need more Chuck in my life.

How I Met Your Mother.

Dollhouse (BSG reunion, GO!)

Rikester, how do you find time for all that stuff? lol.

I'll be watching Heroes yet again..

Smallville.. getting so bad but I'll probably still watch it.

Also been watching Lost finally now(never seen it) that it's on Netflix streaming.

Other than that..

Attack of the show! always!

Keeping up with:

NCIS (my dad was in the Navy...) Yeah, I know 1/2 the stuff they do is crap. I like the cast anyhow.
House (sometimes)
Bones (sometimes)

That's about it. Mostly I don't watch TV unless it's rated for under 5 years old. haha

I keep checking up on Smallville, but then I drop it just as quick. I think I watch it just often enough to figure out who everyone is supposed to be, then drop it because I don't like the way they do it. What's kinda funny? I like Chole, even though she's not comic canon. :eek:

and I like Heroes because it's a comic book on TV. They do lame comic book shit, but that's part of the reason I like it. And if one thing reading comics has taught me is the stories go in cycles - dumb ass shit, then cool shit, then dumb ass shit again. lol I'm just waiting on the good shit to reappear.

Besides that, Daves list is pretty good for us. I think I might want to check out the Eastwick thing, but I've not heard anything good or bad about it, just seen it listed on the TV Guide page, so I'll probably forget about it lol

Rikester, how do you find time for all that stuff? lol.

I have the pleasure of being unemployed, so I'm home all day and just watch TV the moment I wake up to the time I go to bed.

I wish they'd given Chuck a full season. -.- I'm pissed at the higher ups. I love Chuck. I need more Chuck in my life.

They did give chuck a full season technically. I just has to perform well through the first 13 episodes of the season, then the 'top men' at NBC decide on its fate. Honestly tho, I cant figure out how its going to work with the Ninja assassin crouching tiger intersect...I bet thats what the NBC execs thought too.

Anyway....Shows im watching.

Masterpiece Mystery! on PBS - Its actually really really good, dont judge until you watch it. Wallander (starring Kenneth Branagh) and Inspector Lewis are the best. Ms. Marple was good until they cast a horrible lead actress when Geraldine McEwan left the show.

Masterpiece | PBS

Im also watching the series finale of Monk, but its going down hill...I just hope he finds his wife's killer before the show becomes unwatchable.

Of course with monk comes Psych, and its really good this season. Its already had guest apperences from Cary Elwes, and James Brolin this season so im stokes for the rest of the season.

My friend likes the Closer a lot but I felt like I was way too manly to watch it. Ive been starting to get into it a little bit now tho. If you can get past Keira Sedgewick's accent, its actually a REALLY well written show.

Im really starting to get addicted to Man Vs Food because its like a car crash and you cant keep your eyes off of it. Plus its on after one of my perennial favorites, No Reservations. And as long as we are on that wave length, Iron Chef America has 8 episodes with Michael Simon this season so you have to turn it on to support him. CLEVELAND PRIDE BABY!

My Favorite show Burn Notice just finished its season and its off the air for a while, but you can still catch the reruns on USA from time to time.

Other than that, nothing really that hasnt been mentioned already. I heard the show about blacking out for a couple minutes is pure SHIT. But it has either harold or kumar in it which should provide comic relief (like harold and kumar in [H]ouse)

I saw The Big Bang theory mentioned in Rikester's post. While I was flying back from Vegas, the bitch stewardess put on that show as "After movie filler" along with some Continental Airline propoganda. This was AFTER I was forced to watch "17 again" starring High School Musical kid and the knob jockey from friends so I was already in a terrible mood (the steady stream of skyy and 7s didnt help either).

Anyway, The Big Bang theory was quite possibly the worst show ive ever seen in my entire life. Ever. And ive seen some horrible shows. Like the geico caveman spinoff show that i'm pretty sure was about Jewish people...im not whatever the racist equivalent for religions is...but im honestly convinced thats what it was about. Not the caveman part, but the plotlines of the characters. However, at least the geico caveman show involved makeup skill right?

I seriously was starting to get really paranoid watching the show because it has this ridiculous laugh track that goes off randomly every minute or so even though clearly nothing remotely funny has happened. Like for instance, one of the nerds goes to open the door and there is someone standing outside....The laugh track goes haywire. To my knowledge there was not a single joke written into the dialogue of the show. By the end of the show I was ready to jump out of the plane because all I could hear in my head was people laughing at nothing...Imagine being on the brink of insanity, where you are totally paranoid and unhinged but you are at least sane enough to realize it. Personally im convinced that The Big Bang Theory is an Al'Qaida plot to make people go psycho in airplanes so they will hijack them and fly them into buildings to make the agony end.

Here is a taste of what im talking about... Its seriously a half hour of this....

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BdqwOwumnPM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

On the bright side tho, it has Moist from Dr. Horribles sing along blog in it.

Last edited:
Big bang is only funny when you know who everyone is and how they are related. I got into it while I was living with a couple of friends in japan, and the man of the house (apartment) put it on his laptop during breakfast.

Pix...I think that post is the most I've ever seen you use cuss words...like ever.

I will answer this tomorrow more clearly:

True Blood
Top Chef
Fringe
House
Office

If only I had the time...and cable for some of them!

Pix...I think that post is the most I've ever seen you use cuss words...like ever.
LOL

I try to keep it toned down in "public" but cuss like a sailor in private... the whole home vs work thing. It was really funny the first time I traveled with the sales team. They were all be careful around me... until I dropped the F bomb the first time after we were out of the office. After that they all were much more at ease around me.

Back