Funny story....

Fiko

Fikowned
FC/Active Member
So... I had traffic court for a ticket that I'm completely innocent on (IMO)... May 16th at 6PM.. today.

The ticket was given after I wrecked my old car (05 Scion XA), I wiped out in the ice, landed in a ditch... called town police to get an accident report... but they didin't answer. So I called the local state trooper department instead. Half an hour, he finally shows, gives me my accident report, and a speeding ticket for "imprudent speed." He said he had to give it when there's an accident... nobody I know of has ever heard of that, but whatever, I plead not guilty and sent it in.

I get a pre-trial conference, which is basically a way for local governments to get money out of you by giving everyone plea bargains for lesser charges, and it keeps everyone on the road so the dangerous drivers can one day kill a couple people because they should have lost their license a long time ago, but governments are corrupt and just want money... that's my philosophy on it anyway....

Of course, I'm innocent, I didn't do anything wrong, I wasn't going too fast, I was driving a very small car and the roads were just too bad, couldn't regain control and crashed on the side of the road. Nobody was hurt... which is precisely why I crashed. I knew I wasn't going to regain control, I was heading to the side of the road, and figured... this is the best spot to end my short trip to work with minimal damage.

Of course, minimal damage was too much damage, and my insurance company totaled my car. On the plus side, they paid out more than I owed on the car, so I managed to get a better car with a larger downpayment and lower interest rate out of the deal. (09 Corolla, S model, which they gave to me at base model price..)

Oh, but back to the pre-trial conference. They offered to lower it down to a parking ticket. That's still like a $100 fine. Not paying a fine for something I never did. So I asked to have it moved to an actual trial. Town Justice gave me a card for the court date, May 16th, at 6:00PM. That's today.

I get to court. Wait around until 6:30PM... weird, nobody was there. Doors remained locked until some lady leaves to go home. I ask her about my situation. "Oh, court is only on Tuesdays." Today is Wednesday...

...I go home, check card with court date... still says May 16th at 6PM. I can't wait to call them tomorrow.. then when this gets sorted out... going to seriously think about burning this town to the ground, starting with the town court...

And that... is today's story. It's been a genuinely bad day, so I should've figured it'd end like this. I'll bet money the court date was yesterday. Unfortunately, town justices apparently don't know how to read a calendar.

damn.... lol.

I think they seriously did that to you on purpose, that's just stupid.

You're just another piece of revenue they want.

Seriously.... And now they want proof that I was given the wrong date... So I show up late for work tomorrow so they can make a copy of the appointment card I was given.. Glad I kept it...

So... I had traffic court for a ticket that I'm completely innocent on (IMO)... May 16th at 6PM.. today.

The ticket was given after I wrecked my old car (05 Scion XA), I wiped out in the ice, landed in a ditch... called town police to get an accident report... but they didin't answer. So I called the local state trooper department instead. Half an hour, he finally shows, gives me my accident report, and a speeding ticket for "imprudent speed." He said he had to give it when there's an accident... nobody I know of has ever heard of that, but whatever, I plead not guilty and sent it in.

I get a pre-trial conference, which is basically a way for local governments to get money out of you by giving everyone plea bargains for lesser charges, and it keeps everyone on the road so the dangerous drivers can one day kill a couple people because they should have lost their license a long time ago, but governments are corrupt and just want money... that's my philosophy on it anyway....

Of course, I'm innocent, I didn't do anything wrong, I wasn't going too fast, I was driving a very small car and the roads were just too bad, couldn't regain control and crashed on the side of the road. Nobody was hurt... which is precisely why I crashed. I knew I wasn't going to regain control, I was heading to the side of the road, and figured... this is the best spot to end my short trip to work with minimal damage.

Of course, minimal damage was too much damage, and my insurance company totaled my car. On the plus side, they paid out more than I owed on the car, so I managed to get a better car with a larger downpayment and lower interest rate out of the deal. (09 Corolla, S model, which they gave to me at base model price..)

Oh, but back to the pre-trial conference. They offered to lower it down to a parking ticket. That's still like a $100 fine. Not paying a fine for something I never did. So I asked to have it moved to an actual trial. Town Justice gave me a card for the court date, May 16th, at 6:00PM. That's today.

I get to court. Wait around until 6:30PM... weird, nobody was there. Doors remained locked until some lady leaves to go home. I ask her about my situation. "Oh, court is only on Tuesdays." Today is Wednesday...

...I go home, check card with court date... still says May 16th at 6PM. I can't wait to call them tomorrow.. then when this gets sorted out... going to seriously think about burning this town to the ground, starting with the town court...

And that... is today's story. It's been a genuinely bad day, so I should've figured it'd end like this. I'll bet money the court date was yesterday. Unfortunately, town justices apparently don't know how to read a calendar.

Ran across this.. just thought I'd add that I got scheduled for another pretrial conference, then an actual court date (and they gave me the correct date) and had ticket dismissed because officer didn't show! Go me!

Ran across this.. just thought I'd add that I got scheduled for another pretrial conference, then an actual court date (and they gave me the correct date) and had ticket dismissed because officer didn't show! Go me!

Nice! Glad it worked out for the positive. :)

And Happy Thanksgiving!

Back